Skip to content

Light Seal

Toycamera Lightseal from artpunk on Vimeo.

I would just like to note that Light Leaks (magazine) showcased South Australian plastic photographer Don Brice (mentioned previously here) in their last issue.
Now to this post. I have put together a little video podcast, it’s a bit dry & not that exciting but I’m just feeling my way with this whole podcast thang. I wanted to illustrate how I’ve modified my Diana with an inside-the-camera light seal. I implemented this idea from a suggestion from the aforementioned Mr. Brice, so all credit to him. Perhaps it won’t totally replace the need to tape up the outside of your favourite plastic camera, but it might certainly act as a useful adjunct.

6 Comments

1. treadNo Gravatar wrote:

superb work! more! more!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 07:39 | Permalink
  2. artpunkNo Gravatar wrote:

LOL ~ thanks Tread!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 07:51 | Permalink
  3. ralphNo Gravatar wrote:

Definitely going to have to try this with my Diana-F. Thanks! Looking forward to other tips.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 12:50 | Permalink
  4. artpunkNo Gravatar wrote:

Thanks for the feedback Ralph, I’m glad you found it useful. there will definitely be more to come. Cheers!

Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 07:29 | Permalink
  5. ChrisNo Gravatar wrote:

Any thoughts on fixing a light leak that’s occurring on the top of the frame?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 13:25 | Permalink
  6. artpunkNo Gravatar wrote:

re: Comment:
    Any thoughts on fixing a light leak that’s occurring on the top of the frame?

What camera are you getting the leak in, do you have any example images you could show me?
    I suppose it depends on where the leak is coming from. I had a light leak at top of frame in two of my Diana clones (both Asiana cameras), and I thought it was coming from the join at the top back where the back of the camera met the body, but on closer inspection it came from inside the camera itself, from the bottom of the viewfinder leaking into the film chamber! Once I liberally taped the inside top of the camera the problem was solved.
    Most of the time that type of leak you refer to will come from the join at the top back of the camera that I initially suspected with my Asianas though. Have you tried taping that after putting the back of the camera on?

Cheers,