Skip to content

Camera Cabaret

After posting my BBF video, (which is hosted on Vimeo), a fellow named Gianfranco Chicco made a comment on it there. He is on sabbatical in Tokyo and has visited Powershovel’s Camera Cabaret recently.
Camera Cabaret is the Powershovel/Superheadz Ina Babylon shop in Shibuya, Tokyo and looks (from Gianfranco’s video) to be chock full of interesting analog cameras and other cool doo-dads. He interviews one of the guys (Jun) who works
in/manages the store and they talk about the new blackbird,fly from Superheadz (What? You’ve not heard of that yet? Get outa here!) Gianfranco was loaned the camera for a while so it will be interesting to see how his images turn out. The video is a great virtual tour of the Camera Cabaret for those of us who aren’t able to get to Japan in the near future, so thanks for sharing Gianfranco!

Camera Cabaret from Gianfranco Chicco on Vimeo.

**Please note! ~ anyone asking about the availability
of the blackbird,fly outside of Japan might like to check out this link!

7 Comments

1. :-)

btw, this is the map to the shop in Shibuya, Tokyo

Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 17:23 | Permalink
  2. HamishNo Gravatar wrote:

Horay!  I’m going to Tokyo in November, Camera Cabaret is on the list for sure :)

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 14:29 | Permalink
  3. KuronekoNo Gravatar wrote:

That map is brilliant! If you can find your way to Camera Cabaret not reading Japanese, then you deserve the Toy Camera medal for effort.

To help, Camera Cabaret is up the steps on 2F, opposite a small park filled with scooters, behind the Starbucks, opposite the Ward Office.

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 18:18 | Permalink
  4. CameronNo Gravatar wrote:

Thanks all, Gianfranco, Hamish and Skorj (Gidday Mate!) – Gianfranco and Skorj, both of you live in Japan at the moment, so are experiencing it first hand and Hamish will be there soon. I hope to get there one day, but in the meantime I’ll live a bit of it vicariously through you, if you don’t mind!
    :-)>
    - and thanks for the extra directions to supplement the map Skorj, I must admit it confused the hell out of me!

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 20:52 | Permalink
  5. Ivana KokNo Gravatar wrote:

Hi, was just wondering where is the cheapest place to get blackbird flies from??

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 04:47 | Permalink
  6. Brandon LeeNo Gravatar wrote:

Hey there, I was just in Japan on vacation and this post came in tremendously handy for me. I found a free wifi spot and loaded it up on my iPhone (using screencaps as a guide while walking through Shibuya trying to find the store). We still had a little trouble though, thinking it was in the direct vicinity of the BEAMS shops. Thought I’d leave some extra directions here for the next person.

Go north from the Tokyu Hands store, and it’s just across the street from the Ward Office (and the Shibuya Tobu Hotel). You’ll find it up a little road on the right leading towards the two Beams boutiques. The store itself is on the right, before you reach Beams, after the popular ramen shop with the logo that looks like the number 9 in Chinese. (九)

These directions were previously published on my blog. Thanks guys!

Saturday, December 12, 2009 at 18:04 | Permalink
  7. CameronNo Gravatar wrote:

Thanks for the extra information Brandon!

Saturday, December 12, 2009 at 22:36 | Permalink