Skip to content

A blackbird,fly in New York

Three BBF's - available at the ICP, New York

T

his post is for my readers in New York, New York (or near New York or planning on visiting New York) who might be interested in the blackbird,fly camera. I received an email from a nice person named Amy, who asked me to pop in a plug for the International Center of Photography Museum Store where the blackbird,fly camera is available for those looking to buy one. Blue, Orange and Black versions are available at what seems to be a very reasonable price considering the global market ~ oh, if only I had American dollars and not the (rather depreciated at the moment) Aussie dollar!
Here is the direct link to buy the bbf camera at the ICP store and here is the address if you are lucky enough to be in New York:
1133 Avenue of the Americas at 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036 | Phone 212.857.0000

8 Comments

1. ralphNo Gravatar wrote:

Thanks for posting this, Cameron. I work about four blocks away from the ICP, so I hoofed it over there at lunch today and am now the proud owner of a blue blackbird,fly.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 05:34 | Permalink
  2. CameronNo Gravatar wrote:

Hi Ralph! I’m glad to be of help, just spreading the plasticlens love…
    enjoy your new blue blackbird,fly!
    :-)>

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 20:54 | Permalink
  3. Susan BowenNo Gravatar wrote:

Cameron, Ralph: Can you tell me if one can do partially overlapping exposures w/this camera… i.e. does it not force you to advance a full frame? Thanks.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 06:49 | Permalink
  4. CameronNo Gravatar wrote:

Hi Susan, you can partially overlap, by advancing the film partway – but I think the camera will only advance to where it thinks full frame starts the next time you wind on. Mind you, I haven’t actually tested this out so I will try it and let you know.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 13:45 | Permalink
  5. CarlNo Gravatar wrote:

Ugh! I got one of these since I get a student discount at ICP and after 2 days of use, the gear for the top lens fell off! So that means the top and bottom lens are no longer in sync and I don’t know what’s actually in focus.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 01:52 | Permalink
  6. CameronNo Gravatar wrote:

Sorry to hear about that Carl, that must be frustrating. Superheadz/Powershovel covers the bbf with a 1 year replacement warranty, so you should take it back to ICP and get a replacement.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 15:18 | Permalink
  7. Ben LoganNo Gravatar wrote:

Jeez, after months of excitement (and without sour grapes), I must say that as a school teacher with a “humble” income, the BBF is too rich for my blood. I can’t afford one! Diana, yes. Holga, yes. BBF? Perhaps I’ll save up…

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 15:59 | Permalink
  8. laurenNo Gravatar wrote:

support small businesses…. go to williamsburg brookyln… stroll next to the river park… get some falafel or a pizza and check out DIJITAL FIX inside the mini mall at bedford ave and north fifth. or order onilne!

Friday, July 24, 2009 at 08:15 | Permalink